Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My 1st Fabric Applique!

I sewed my first applique this weekend!  Oh yes, I did.  Domestic bliss, here I come!

Well, not really.  I am a little behind the curve ball on this one.  Emerson is almost 4 and really closing in on the 'too old for applique clothing' age.  I might be able to get away with it for a few more years.  Robert, on the other hand, wears plain white onesies every day.  Boy clothes are just awful these days.  Unless you want skull and crossbones or monster truck shirts then you better make your own options.  Not to mention Robert is 22 months old and still wears onesies daily.  Blame the feeding tube.  I didn't have many fabric choices and thread color laying around so red gingham and blue thread was the best option.  


In the great one word of Robert, "Uh-oh!"  I missed a big first step on the applique...I didn't use stabilizer.  Oops.  I am not so sure it will hold up too well after a few washes.  And my perfectionist self can't believe that I didn't cut away the fabric closer to make a more even seam.  Again, uh-oh.  It has that homemade look, but I kind of like it that way.  And Mr. Robert doesn't mind either.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs