Thursday, May 12, 2011

Baby Update 5.12.11

Another ultrasound, Non-Stress Test (NST), and general check-up today. My weight is the same, but my blood pressure has dropped to 80/60. I really don’t understand blood pressure, but normal for me is 100/60 it seems. The ultrasound was one of the longest we have had to date. They were really looking for some key information. I am currently 33 weeks and 3 days, but am measuring 34 weeks and 5 days. The baby is approximately 4 pounds and 13 ounces. My fluid is still high…Up to 33+ centimeters (previously my highest had been 28.4). Since there is so much fluid, we were able to flip the 4D switch on (more fluid = better pictures).

[ultrasound pic coming soon]

The ultrasound tech also focused on the baby’s breathing. At this point, the baby should be “practicing” breathing via opening their mouth, expanding their chest cavity (no matter how faint), and seemingly releasing the “air”. Our little “Bobby” was not cooperating which is a little worrisome. His heart rate and activity level was good, but no “breathing”. Ugghhh. We were told not to worry too much because babies don’t “practice” all the time (yet he should have within the 30 minute ultrasound).

The NST went well I guess. I sat there for at least 30 minutes with no baby flipping, therefore, no alarms today. The heart rate is a steady 130ish. And I was having some contractions. But with all the fluid, it is to be expected.

After all the test results were back, I saw the doctor…Basically, they wanted to call in my results to the high risk group at USA C&W (versus writing a report and faxing like usual). Uh-oh that doesn’t sound good…? And they would give me a call as soon as they knew where to go from there. Time lapse 3 hours…I receive a call from my doctor’s nurse. They need me to come back at 8:30am tomorrow morning (Friday) for another ultrasound. I guess my scheduled appointment on Monday isn’t soon enough???

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs