Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother’s Day!

I spent the weekend at the beach with my parents and Emerson until this afternoon.  Phillip stayed at home to do some yard work, a few house projects, and study (only 1 more week until graduation!).  The beach was really nice.  The weather was great.  And for most of the time, Emerson was fantastic. 

Today is actually Emerson’s 23 month birthday.  She will officially be 2 years old on June 8th.  *tear* 

[pic coming soon]

Since it will most likely be my last trip to the beach for a long while (ummm, temporary move to Birmingham, having a baby, and then possibly heart surgery for “Bobby”), I decided not to take my laptop and just take a break from the world of technology…minus my iPhone…and just enjoy my time there.  But in the meantime, I found a blog via the TOF group on the BabyCenter website.  And I read it…via my iPhone...small print and all.  I still have a lot more to read but I have read quite a bit so far.  If you are interested then check it out - Precious Mason.

The parts that I have read have made me realize that I am not alone.  I am currently struggling with a lot of the unknowns.  The obvious unknown of our baby’s health…  The unknown of life in general for the next several weeks until the baby is expected to arrive.  And then the unknown of the needs of the baby after birth. 

But also the unknown of people’s reaction to the news when we do finally tell them.  I have already had the response of “What did you do?”  Knife to the heart.  I didn’t do anything differently from Emerson to “Bobby”.  I swear! 

In my mind, I see a lot of things changing without any control…And I worry about them. 

1 comment:

  1. it helps communicating with people who have the same diagnosis. im glad you are finding stories to help you wrap your mind around it all.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs