Thursday, June 9, 2011

Baby Update 6.9.11 (37 Weeks & 3 Days)

Who would have ever guessed I would make it this far???  I definitely did not.  Every morning, I wake up and think that I can’t possibly make it through the rest of the day. 

My feet are starting to show signs of swelling.  I have skinny narrow feet…You can usually see all the little bones in them when I stretch then out.  But recently, they look a little puffy…yet everyone else thinks they are perfectly normal.  I am waiting for the end of the day when it looks like little piggy feet to take a picture.  :)

Other than that, I am just exhausted.  Phillip has been a great help, but I can tell he is exhausted too.  We have had Emerson with us for 2 1/2 weeks now.  Trying to make do in a new place with just the basics is hard, but for almost 3 weeks, it’s beyond hard – It’s exhausting! 

This morning, we were both dragging.  We really needed a few extra minutes of sleep this morning.  But instead, as soon as the garage door opened at 6:30am, we received a 2 year-old gift in the form of a pink polka dot nightgown with bright yellow paci hauling the must have PBK blanket.  At 8am, Phillip looked at me from the kitchen and said, “You know that movie, Mr. Mom, where he looks pretty good in the beginning and then by the middle, he looks like [Phillip looks down at himself], well, this?”  Haha…I know how he feels.  It’s just nice that he can commiserate now.  Phillip said soon after, “Just look at what I fed her for breakfast?”  (Pop Tart Minis, Oatmeal, & Wonder Pets DVD)

We met Phillip’s mother about 30 minutes before my UAB appointment.  We finally installed the extra car seat in her car that I have been carrying around in the trunk of my car since we arrived.  And off they went back to her house…And us to UAB.  Poor Emerson!  She has been stuck inside for most of the time here because it is so hot. 

On to the actual appointment…We actually saw the same doctor that we did the week before.  Amazing!  Although she really didn’t have much new to say, it was nice to see a familiar face.  The big news is that we will have a baby no later than June 20th!  They officially scheduled an induction on Monday, June 20th.  YEA!  The doctors are pretty adamant that this baby needs to wait until 39 weeks if at all possible due to lung development (they don’t want underdeveloped lungs in addition to heart problems).  So June 20th is exactly 39 weeks.  :)

No ultrasound this week…The first time in a long time.  They were able to detect the baby’s heartbeat via that little handheld monitor.  It apparently was a lot stronger this appointment.  Again, I was told…If something happens, just come on to the hospital. 

Not much longer…!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs