Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Nursery Progress

I realize that us me worrying about the appearance of the baby’s nursery seems really trivial to most anyone reading our blog.  But please let me explain that as of 3 weeks ago, we had not done a single thing.  I was actually avoiding it.  I had decided not to buy another baby thing.  I didn’t want to come home to a nursery with no baby.  But after a while, I realized that even more, I didn’t want to come home with a baby to no nursery.

Previously, it was Emerson’s playroom.  And this is what it looked like…

IMG_6892 But then we cleaned it out and had it painted…

IMG_7266IMG_7270 IMG_7260 IMG_7263

And then came the decorating.  We had the main things – crib, rocker, etc.  It was therapeutic…and a bit stressful to put it together.  I pulled Emerson’s baby items (car seat, bouncy seat, swing, Moses basket, etc.) for wash (and then gave them to my mother to actually wash…haha).  And then pulled out the gender neutral clothes and the things that I had already purchased.  

Here are a few pictures that I snapped the day before we left for Birmingham.  This is how it was left and what we will return to.  Artwork needs to be hung and a few other things still to be done to finalize it all, but its turning out pretty sweet.  (The rocker needs to be moved into the room…Huhum…Dad?)  But for the most part, its a working nursery. 

IMG_7413 IMG_7414  IMG_7418 IMG_7416IMG_7420

The cute dresser I ordered came in about a week ago while we were here in Birmingham.  I haven’t seen it in person, but here is the website picture in blue (ours will be green).

CoastalLivingSeasideChest2

On another note, why is it that the guy never worries about anything baby?  It is insane how much time I have put into making sure we have all that we need…and if we don’t have it, making a list of what we still need to consider at a later date.  I seriously doubt Phillip has given the smallest thought to how many blankets or onesies we have…and definitely not sizes.  I can’t imagine him even thinking about needing waterproof mattress covers or burp cloths and bibs. 

3 comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs