Saturday, February 23, 2013

30 Spaces in 30 Days - Day 1 Update

Day 1...Today has been rough.  I have been excited (yes, excited!) to finally tackle my house.  I have had new ideas running through my mind for over a year now and it seemed like I was finally taking the first steps to get there.  First step, organize home.  Second step, turn it into greatness.  Easy, right?

But almost as soon as today started, I hit speed bump Robert.  Today has not been a good day for him.  Robert is still getting over a nasty sinus infection.  He starting vomiting and spiked a fever Thursday night while Emerson was at gymnastics.  Then spiked another fever late last night.  And today nothing seems to make him happy!


But in between naps and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, I did finish moving all the contents of the playroom upstairs.  Yes - Beyond cleaning and organizing, there is also moving.  The upstairs is empty (mostly anyway).  It is big.  And it is out of public sight.  Perfect for a playroom.  

So the playroom that served me well for being right off the family room for (almost) the past 2 years, is now going back to a guest room and an added surprise just for me :).  

A picture of the before playroom on a very, very, very bad day (or depending how you want to look at it - a really good day for Emerson)...

After pics of the freshly cleaned room...



Plus, I had some extra time and cleaned out the closet.  Yea me!  Two spaces in one day!  There will definitely be days ahead that I will be too busy for anything or need more than one day for one space.

Before...Scary!

After...Ahhhhhhhh...Just lovely.


It became apparent as I was cleaning out the closet (which for the most part has always been a catch-all since I moved in) that I need a transitional space.  I had a small pile of things I do plan on utilizing elsewhere and a small pile of things that I may donate in the end, but just not sure at the moment.  So that is what this closet has become until the 30 days are over.  

Ahhhh...I can breathe a sigh of relief.  This empty space makes me happy.  It has lots of potential and I will finally have a space to do some new things :).

Three more bags!  One of trash/recycling and two for donation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs