Thursday, February 21, 2013

Stuff, stuff, and stuff.

If you are local and have kids, then I am sure you have heard about Kidz Klozet.  It is the big semi-annual kid's consignment sale.  I don't care if your kids wear brand new everything and only play with gold plated toys, everyone I know consigns the outgrown and no longer needed clothing and toys.  So I have been busy, busy, busy (did I say busy?) pulling, cleaning, hanging, and tagging everything kid related for the consignment sale coming up in a few weeks - March 5th - 9th to be exact.  But drop-off is tomorrow!  So my resolution to blog more immediately fell to the side as I am on a deadline!

In my efforts to consign, I have realized just how unorganized and overwhelmed my life is.  I have stuffed and essentially "hoarded" baby/kid stuff in almost every closet.  I was not fully prepared when these two little munchkins came into this house.  I should have cleaned out all of my stuff then and had many an empty closet(s) waiting for them and all they own.

So here is the plan, the consignment "stuff" will leave the house tomorrow.  Yea!  And I will start a new mission...30 Spaces in 30 Days.  I recently read a blog post called 40 Bags in 40 Days on Clover Lane.  This idea is centered around Lent.  If I had not read it after Ash Wednesday while out of town, then I may have tried to do this exact challenge.  My immediate thought was..."There is no way that I even have 40 bags of stuff that I don't need!"  But after really looking and sorting for child-related consignment "stuff", I think I can do it...and very easily.  But instead of focusing on bags, I want to focus on spaces.  Some of my spaces might not have things to dispose of, but rather need organizing and some spring cleaning.  And just for fun, I am going to keep count of the bags and boxes too.

And not to mention, the Junior League of Mobile's very own Project Rummage!  Project Rummage is March 15th - 16th.  If I can get started now, all my closet clutter that is in great condition can go to a good cause that will help my local community!  Win-win.  :)

The 30 Spaces in 30 Days challenge starts this weekend.  Emerson will be out of the house so I think its a great time to keep the momentum going after all of this consignment work this week.  I hope to keep you updated with before and after pictures as I go.

1 comment:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs